Saturday, February 02, 2008

Best foot forward (Fall 2008)

I'm about ready to proclaim the Shoe of the Season for Fall 2008 (Seven months ahead of schedule!) ...

Band of Outsiders's Fall 2008 presentation featured these anti-cool, but somehow drool-worthy Sperry TopSider/Boot hybrids. These are certain to replace my LLBean shearling-lined duckboots as my staple come next fall.

A few seasons back, I heeded the return of Sperry with the original docksiders in an updated bright kelly green. I would slip on my Lacoste polo shirt and dream about days of 80s yore, listening to The La's, and hanging around the boat mall. Flashforward and Sperry now goes for annual domination with the introduction of this new shape. And still, no boat necessary.

[www.bandofoutsiders.com for info]

No comments: